Sherry Cassedy Resume
- Principal of Threshold Resources, devoted to marriage and divorce resolution, education and ritual.
- Family Lawyer-mediator with 30 years experience
- Certified Family Law Specialist
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Licensed Minister
- Bachelor’s degree with distinction from Stanford University
- Juris Doctor Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown Law Center
- Masters in Transpersonal Psychology with Certificate in Spiritual Guidance
- Frequent lecturer on family law topics such as stock options and support, conflict resolution, and professional self-care.
- Intensive litigation training program for family lawyers in 1993, 1997, and 2003, which was adopted as AAML Northern California Trial Practicum.
- A.B. Stanford University 1978, Major course of study – Human Biology
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center 1983, Magna Cum Laude
- M.A. Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, 2006
- Threshold Resources, 2005 –
- Lakin Spears, LLP, 1988 – 2004
- Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, 1985-1988
- Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues, U.S. House of Representatives, Counsel 1983-1985
- Also Adjunct Faculty Santa Clara University (2000-2004) and Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (2007-2013)
Awards and Certifications:
- AAML Fellow of the Year, Awarded by AAML Northern California, 2008
- Certificate in Spiritual Guidance, 2006.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2003
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Certified Marriage Preparation, Diocese of San Jose.
- Certified Family Law Specialist, 1992
- Admitted to practice in California, 1985, and the District of Columbia, 1983
- Revson Women, Law and Policy Fellow 1983-1984
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association, President 1993-94
- Leadership Mid-Peninsula, 1997
Married, Matthew J. Sullivan, PhD.
Children: M. Tyler Sullivan, Cassedy M. Sullivan, Timothy K. Sullivan (deceased).